Saturday, December 10, 2022

Two new essays...in print magazines


I didn't set out to be so retro this year, but I have two new essays out this month in print magazines. (Just in print, not online!) 

I wrote about the current state of air travel for the 13th issue of a London-based architectural theory magazine called Real Review. The main editor there, Jack Self, commissioned me to write a piece that was basically an epilogue to my book Grounded, which I was happy to do. The issue is full of other great pieces and artwork.

And I wrote a piece on urban fly-fishing for The FlyFish Journal's latest issue. This piece touches on and runs parallel to some themes that I wrote about in the epilogue of my new book Fly-Fishing, which comes out in March. I've admired this magazine for years, and am thrilled to have a piece in its pages. I also really enjoyed reading an interview with the Atlanta-based artist Michi Meko in the issue. His style of fly-fishing, as well as artistic practice, resonated with me.